The Vital Connection
A Power-to-Parent Course created by The Neufeld Institute
8 session Course: Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 beginning October 17th, 2018
Go Deep Into Understanding The Parent-Child Relationship
In the The Vital Connection, one of Dr. Gordon Neufeld's first and flagship courses, we will explore the attachment relationship between parent and child.
We will move well beyond the superficial platitudes and the focus on "baby bonding" that are often used when discussing attachment and instead will go deep into understanding all facets of this bond and it's significance for our relationships, not only with our babies, but with our preschoolers, our middle-schoolers and our teens.
Bringing examples both from her life as the mom of a ten and thirteen-year-old and her work as a parent consultant Lisa will walk with you through this rich material and will support you in applying your new insights to your relationships with your children.
THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU IF...
- You are the parent or grandparent of a child or young adult.
- You are planning to welcome a child to your family, through pregnancy, adoption or fostering.
- You are unclear about your role as the parent of a tween or teen ("Aren't I supposed to be 'letting go'?" may be a question you are grappling with.)
- You find parenting much more difficult than you expected.
- You want to understand how to best support your child through a time of change: illness, divorce, changing schools, moving...
- You feel like your relationship with your child is becoming strained as they are growing older.